When my Zoella Reed diffuser ran out I couldn’t bear to throw out the bottle, I just knew I had to make my own refill. I jumped online searching for easy recipes and came across several ways of making homemade reed diffusers, I couldn’t wait to get creative with my favourite essential oils. Before I kick off this final DIY installment of 2016, I wanted to say a huge thank you for being such wonderful and supportive readers. I have loved sharing my thoughts with you all and can’t wait to see what 2017 brings. Merry Christmas xoxo
What you will need:
- The Vessel – You can reuse a diffuser bottle or use any small glass bottle with a narrow opening which will keep the mixture from evaporating too quickly.
- The Base – I filled up my bottle halfway with Sunflower oil, you can use any light vegetable-based oil such as Almond oil or Safflower oil.
- The Binder – 1 tsp of 99% Rubbing Alcohol or 1 tbsp of Vodka
- The Fragrance – About 30 drops of any essential oils of your choice
- The Sticks – Reeds. Bamboo skewers are not effective
How to do it:
Combine your base, binder and fragrance in a small bottle. Swirl the mixture until it is well combined. Pop your reeds in the bottle and leave it overnight. Flip your reeds over the next morning and you’re done!
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Wow cool 👍👍👍
Thank you beautiful! Merry Christmas xoxo
That is such a great idea, I’m going to have to try it out!! Zoe’s diffuser is gorgeous!!
Laura || http://www.thelifeof-Laura.blogspot.com.au
I love Zoella’s merch 🙂
This is great! There’s seriously a DIY for everything. Cool. 🙂
That is so true 🙂
How awesome is this?! This is easy enough for me to do. OMG, I’ll be making my own reed diffusors soon! Thanks for this!
And Merry Christmas!
Thats great! Some people replace oil with water however I find they are not as long lasting 🙂
I absolutely love this idea! In fact, if I’m not mistaken I think you did something similar to this a while back too right!? I loved it then too! Hope you had a lovely weekend 🙂
Thank you so much! I just got back from a much needed holiday and the house smelled amazing 😉
I’m just finishing up with my holiday as well!! Hope yours went well 🙂
What a simple and cool idea!
Thank you very much!