Just thinking about pizza brings a smile to my face. It’s one of the best meals to eat and share with your family. You can just about use any sauce or toppings and the smell of pizza straight out of the oven may just be the best thing ever! Tonight I made 2 large pizzas from scratch following this simple recipe. Let’s begin!
What you will need to make your base:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp of dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup warm water
How to make it:
- Combine sifted flour, yeast, sugar and salt
- Mix thoroughly then add the oil and warm water to form the dough
- Knead on a floured surface until soft or use an electric mixer with a dough hook
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil or cooking spray inside of a large bowl and place the dough in it
- Cover the dough with a clean wet tea towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for about 2 hours or until it doubles in size
- When it has risen, knead the dough again for about a minute then divide into two
- Roll the dough and top with your desired pizza sauce
- Add a thin layer of shredded cheese and any topping of your choice
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate trays between the upper and lower shelf and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown
Wise man say: “Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.” – Michaelangelo TMNT –
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Pizza is my fav thing ever! This looks awesome 😍
Thank you so much!
OMG …..please send me Your skills …….. xoxoxox
amazing xo <3
Haha thank you lovely!
But can You ? x xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxxooxxoox lol xo
Wow, Looks Delicious and Easy to Make 👍I’m Going to try it soon x
Great! I hope you like it too 🙂
We’ve never ever made our own pizza before. You make it look easy! (If we make it one day, I think we’ll start off with ready made dough… )
Ready made dough tastes like cardboard 🙂 but I understand it can be time consuming.
I’ve never made my own dough from scratch, but this pizza looks so delicious it might be worth it! Love the quote!
I had to add a TMNT quote in there 🙂
Omg this acutally looks so delicious. It makes me want to do home made pizza so bad now!
Thank you so much!
I gave a Pinterest recipe a shot but I had to modify it slightly but it was a much bigger hassle. I’ll have to give yours a try someday 🙂
Yay! let me know how you go with it, if you make it 🙂
OMG looks so yum!
It was so good 🙂
Homemade pizza dough is the best!! Makes such a difference compared to store bought bases. Love that this recipe is so simple but looks so delish, I’, keen to give it a try!
Store bought dough is pretty bad isn’t it 🙂 Let me know if you try this recipe! I’m keen to find out what you think.
Thank you for this step-by-step pizza recipe! I’m encourage that I may finally be successful in making my own!
It’s a great beginners recipe, the dough tastes amazing!
I love home made pizza. It tastes even more satisfying knowing it’s made with love .
I totally agree 🙂 Thank you!
Pizza has been one of my biggest pregnancy cravings, so I’m going to have to give this a try! I nominated you for an award! The link is up on my blog. 🙂 https://afreshbrewedfaith.wordpress.com/2017/01/17/blogger-recognition-award/
Thank you so much! I’ll check it out 🙂
Drooling here!! So impressed, this looks amazing!! 🙂
Thank you lovely 🙂
Great recipe! Thanks!
You’re very welcome!
Sounds delicious! You’re pictures look beautiful by the way 🙂
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Looking delicious…definitely going to try this one.
That’s great! Hope you enjoy making it 🙂
That look sooo scrummy!
It was so good 🙂