I have noticed lately that I’ve been getting a surge of traffic from Pinterest, and a lot of readers are clicking on my old DIY posts. I am not going to lie, I missed creating random quirky recipes from ingredients readily available from my kitchen cabinet. Life got too busy and I had to take a break from my beauty kitchen.
I’m pleased to inform everyone, that I got my inspo back! I have my apron on and I’m ready to have another crack at creating awesome skincare bits and bobs. Recently I’ve been doing lots of research and getting a heap of inspiration to come up with some exciting ideas for my new DIY beauty creations. I would like to introduce my favourite scrub bar recipe that you can try making at home as well. Here’s what you will need:
Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- The zest from 2 lemons (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup lavender buds (optional)
- 3/4 cup soap base (melted not boiling)
- Soap mould (purchased from Aussie Soap Supplies)
How to Make It:
- Slice the melt and pour soap base into chunks. If you’re using recycled soap, grate your pieces for easy melting and for every cup of recycled soap add ½ a cup of water. You can use a double boiler to melt the soap base, or heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Be sure not to overheat your soap.
- Remove melted soap from heat and pour the coconut oil, lemon juice, essential oil, lavender buds and lemon zest then stir well.
- Stir in the granulated sugar and mix it fast until well combined.
- Have your mould ready because once the sugar is added to the mixture it will harden quickly.
- Spoon the mixture into the mould and press it down to compact it together.
- Place the mould in the fridge or freezer for at least one hour.
- Store the sugar scrub cubes in an airtight container away from light and heat. They should keep for a few months.
Note: You can replace the lemon zest, lavender buds and lemon juice with 10 drops of lemon essential oil or lavender oil. Please tag me in your posts if you make this recipe, I would love to see your work!
Have you made a homemade sugar scrub bar before? Would you like to see more of this type of content on my website?