‘Tis the season for decorating! A few weeks ago on the blog, I shared with you Oil Garden Aromatherapy’s festive essential oils. I have received a lot of feedback from friends and family asking how I made the Christmas scented soap baubles that were featured in the blog post. So if you’re stumped for handmade gift ideas then you still have plenty of time to make these simple Holiday scented soaps. They can be any shape, colour or scent and the best part is you can make new soap out of recycled unused soap. The finished product will smell like the holidays and it will spread the Christmas cheer to whoever receives these wonderful gifts.
What you will need:
- Melt and pour soap base or recycled unscented soap
- Soap Mould
- Essential oils
- Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle
- Microwave safe measuring cup with spout
- Knife and spoon
How to Make It:
- Slice the melt and pour soap base into chunks. If you’re using recycled soap, grate your pieces for easy melting and for every cup of recycled soap add ½ a cup of water.
- I used a double boiler to melt my soap base, you can also heat it in the microwave. Be sure to heat and stir in 30-second intervals.
- Once the soap has completely melted add your essential oils (not fragrance oils), you can use ground cinnamon, rosemary or even coffee which is great for natural exfoliation.
- Add your pigment and mix well.
- Pour the soap into your mould cavity and spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of the bubbles.
- Let the soap harden overnight before removing it from the mould then gently pop them out.
Happy holidays sweet friends! Let me know if this is something you might try to make.