I’m excited to share with you another easy beauty DIY project using one of my favorite fruits, the mighty Pomegranate. It is a key ingredient in many skin care products as the juice and seed are well known for their health benefits and abundant antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In various cultures throughout history, the fruit has been a symbol of hope, fertility, and prosperity.
Benefits of Pomegranate Juice and Seed for the Lips
- Softens and nourishes the lips
- Prevents premature aging and smooths away wrinkles
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Promotes cell renewal
- Intense moisturizer/exfoliant for the skin.
- And more!
This lip mask recipe is dedicated to one of the nicest bloggers on the planet, the lipstick queen herself, Cat from mylipaddiction. She writes about everything from Fragrance to Fashion – Skincare to Wellness and also hosts a beauty podcast alongside Stashy from Stashmatters who btw is another awesome blogger you should be following. So drop by and say Hi to these Canadian Beauties and tell them I sent you 🙂
Let’s get cracking with this DIY Pomegranate Lip Mask! You will need:
- A Pomegranate
- Chopping board
- Food processor or Blender
- Plastic wrap
- Roll your pomegranate to loosen the seeds then cut the Pomegranate in half horizontally.
- Take one of the halves and hold the cut side down in the palm of your hand over a medium size bowl.
- With a spoon start tapping firmly on the top surface to release the seeds.
- Put the juice and seeds in a blender and blitz until well combined.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and place the juice and seeds in separate containers.
- The seeds will be used to help scrub and exfoliate the lips by gently rubbing in circular motions, then wash off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Next cut a piece of plastic wrap into a rectangle shape that can cover your lips.
- Apply the pomegranate juice on your lips using a clean makeup brush.
- Place the plastic wrap on your lips to seal it all in for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel it away and rinse off with warm water then pat it dry.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this exotic treat! Please let me know what other beauty related DIY projects you’d like me to do next.
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Just awesome and quite easy too. Will try.
Thats wonderful, I can’t wait to hear what you think.
This is so nice and interesting to make. I feel like it’s so much better than buying something from Lush etc. xx
I totally agree 😊 even though i love store bought skincare, its a wonderful feeling making my own.
Wow, great job! I must try it. Thanks for sharing 👄
Thank you so much Fiona!
My dad has a pomegranate tree …
Let me know if you try this DIY
your blog is amazing!! ❤
Thank you so much!!
Wow, what an amazing idea – and all natural too. You know, I’ve never bought a pomegranate fruit before in my life!
Hmm I wonder what my SO will think of me walking around with plastic wrap over my lips? He already looks at me weird when I use sheet masks…
And thanks for the shout-out. 🙂
Haha I’m pretty sure my husband thinks im crazy sometimes 😊 Have a wonderful weekend xo
YOU ARE amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AND PS we are all beauty CRAZY
i am bookmarking YOU x
so when i get a pomegranate xo
I CAN DO THIS X
YOU ARE A LOVE XO
a Giant Love xo
Haha thanks lovely! You are amazing #loveboomerang
SENDING like 100000000000 more ur way xox LOVE LOVE LOVE
I should try this out!
Yes 🙂 Let me know your thoughts if you try it!
This is so cool! love your posts!
You are very kind! Thank you so much.
Love it! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks for reading!
That’s pretty awesome. I loved using a few pomegranate lip balms in the past and they’ve moisturized my lips so well. I can only imagine the actual fruit to do the same if not better 🙂 but I’ve never bought a pomegranate lol.
Love this idea and this would taste so good too! lol i should try it! <3
Wow! I have to try this…it looks amazing. Sealing lips with a plastic wrap is a good trick 🙂
I always find Pomegranate has a great reaction with my skin! This looks lovely, and sounds delicious. Definitely going to be waiting for Pomegranates to make their way into Supermarkets to try this, I’ve bookmarked it for later to come back too! Great post Amy
Thanks Rachael! I really hope you like it 😊
This looks interesting, I’ve never done a lip mask and this one looks yummy☺️
It love this idea! It looks so simple, natural, and good for your lips!
wow! This is amazing. Gonna try it soon 🙂
I love pomegranate on skincare products. I am definitely gonna give this DIY a try. Thanks for sharing this! 💕
Nice to hear such an easy lip mask… by the way will it lighten dark lips? If yes how many tyms to use it?