Aspirin is a natural anti-inflammatory, applied topically it can help clear acne and calm inflamed skin. Salicylic acid is the active ingredient in Aspirin which is also a main ingredient in many commercial acne creams. To make this mask you will need:
- 4 uncoated aspirin pills
- 4 drops of water
- 1 tsp Honey
- Crush your aspirin between two spoons and add 4 drops of lukewarm water to make a paste
or let the aspirin absorb in the water and it will eventually breakdown and turn into paste.
- Add the honey.
- Mix well with a clean makeup brush.
- Apply the mixture on your clean, dry face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently pat your face dry after rinsing off thoroughly, and apply your favorite toner.
For spot treatment – Mix the crushed aspirin with water to form a paste and apply it directly on your pimple using a Q-Tip. You don’t want to leave it on your skin for longer than 10 minutes. Wash off and pat dry.
Note – Don’t use this mask if you are allergic to aspirin and don’t use this mask more than once a day, everything in moderation ;p