The MAC Nutcracker Sweet Smoky Eye Compact is the latest addition to my assortment of eye shadow palettes. It’s one of three eyeshadow palettes in the whimsical Nutcracker Sweet Holiday collection. This warm-toned, eye shadow palette features nine shades to take you from day to night. Housed in a hard case with a full-sized mirror and dual-ended brush (MAC 213SE and 214SE), this compact is lightweight and also great for travel.
I’m all about a smoky eye look so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this gem. The reason why I like this neutral palette so much is because of the stunning shade selection and how well they blend together. Its texture is smooth and pigmented when used with a primer and can be applied both wet and dry with hardly any fallout. It is super versatile to play with, I’ve been using the last two shades as eyeliner and brow powder. The palette has a mixture of matte, frost, veluxe and lustre finishes which are all crease and fade-resistant.
- Too-dle-oo (frost) is a soft champagne shimmer
- Deception (frost) is a medium cool taupe bronze shimmer
- Sweet Dreams (matte) is a soft latte brown
- Kid (veluxe) is a warm brown matte
- Dewdrop (lustre) is a shimmering peachy pink
- Cake and Biscuits (matte) is a warm brown
- Swiss Chocolate (matte) is a warm matte deep brown
- Dance in the Dark (matte) is a dusty cool matte brown
- Licorice Lane (matte) is a warmer deep brown
Tip: Spray your eye shadow brush with Prep + Prime Fix + then dip your brush into the eyeshadow and pat it onto the lid to intensify the colour.
- MAC 213SE – For the application of eye shadow to the lid area. This brush has a thick bundle of fibres arranged in a rounded shape.
- MAC 214SE – Short, rounded, double-chiseled brush with soft, natural bristles. Can be used with shadow to line and smudge around the lash line and is very effective for densely shading lids.
Wrap your eyes in a candy-coated fantasy with this compact featuring nine Eye Shadows in smoky shades of spiced dark cocoa and ripe peach. Packaged in the playful fuchsia and burgundy shades of our holiday collection with embroidered gold accents.
Love the colors! Great description of the product!
Thank you very much!
I love the colors!!!
It is currently my fave smoky eyeshadow palette
I like the look of this palette as these are the kind of shades I gravitate towards. Thanks for the review!
Di from Max The Unicorn
Me too! I think these colours work for most skin tones 🙂
This palette is so gorgeous!! I wish I’d picked up more from the Nutcracker range!
Laura || http://www.thelifeoflaura.com.au
I’m a sucker for packaging! Their holiday range is so pretty 🙂
This looks like a great little palette, especially for travelling. The Drewdrop shade is such a pretty colour!
I love the sparkle in Dewdrop. I have been using it every day 🙂
Love the colours! Great review
Love shade selection too 🙂 Thanks Christina
BeYoutiful AMY XO
Thanks Cat 🙂
<3 <3 <3
That’s a pretty big difference between the one with and without primer! Good to know that it lasts long.
I can’t go without wearing a primer nowadays 🙂
I love how primer makes a huge difference in the intensity of shadows. If i wasn’t so into only buying cruelty free makeup I would probably buy this palette 🙂
I know! Primer is essential 🙂
I honestly never knew that up until sometime last year or back in 2015 when I created my blog. Lol. You learn stuff everyday lol.
Such a great palette!! 🙂
It’s wonderful 🙂
This looks like a travel-friendly palette. <3 Great post!
It is the perfect size to pop in your handbag 🙂
This palette has such a gorgeous shades! Great review. 🙂