Hubby and I both like to bake on our lazy Sundays, he is a brownie lover and I have a weakness for fresh out of the oven cookies. We came across a recipe that combines the two classics, it was genius! No more having to pick which one to make, we both get what we want in the one bite.
Definition of Brookies: When a brownie and cookie come together in a decadent union.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Cookie
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add an egg and beat well.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda and salt mixture until a dough is formed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread Cookie dough into the prepared baking dish.
- Set aside.
For the Brownie
- Stir in sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in cocoa powder untill combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt then mix untill well combined.
- Spread brownie batter over cookie dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie portion comes out mostly clean.
- Cool the brookies once they come out of the oven for at least 1 hour before slicing if you want perfect square pieces.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for another layer of decadence.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe xoxo