Hubby and I both like to bake on our lazy Sundays, he is a brownie lover and I have a weakness for fresh out of the oven cookies. We came across a recipe that combines the two classics, it was genius! No more having to pick which one to make, we both get what we want in the one bite.
Definition of Brookies: When a brownie and cookie come together in a decadent union.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Cookie
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add an egg and beat well.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda and salt mixture until a dough is formed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread Cookie dough into the prepared baking dish.
- Set aside.
For the Brownie
- Stir in sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in cocoa powder untill combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt then mix untill well combined.
- Spread brownie batter over cookie dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie portion comes out mostly clean.
- Cool the brookies once they come out of the oven for at least 1 hour before slicing if you want perfect square pieces.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for another layer of decadence.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe xoxo
Lets get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
It is so good 🙂
um delicious ………..:)
Haha it is indeed 🙂
This post is perfectly timed! I’ve been wanting a recipe for these. They look amazing!
I hope you try it and let me know your thoughts!
Im definitely going to have to make this! Looks so good and those are my favorite treats! 🙂 Also I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award, you don’t have to participate in it but if you do, here’s my post about it! https://laqingincreativity.com/2016/08/01/one-lovely-blog-award/#more-2146
I hope you try it and thank you very much for nominating me!
I definitely will! and no problem! I love your blog!
The result looks amazing! I better try it out!
They are very morish!
Looks delicious I’ll try it soon, thanks for sharing 🍰☕
You are most welcome! Let me know what you think when you try them 🙂
Ohh looks Devine
It was so good 🙂
This looks delicious! I’ll have to try it out! 🙂
Great! Let me know what you think when you do 🙂
These look so yummy! I’d love to make a vegan version sometime; I’ll be sure to link your blog back as inspiration. 😀
Sounds great! Thank you very much 😊
This looks yummy! I am from India and we have high temperatures here. How long will it last on refrigeration?
I would say about a week, if it’s not finished by then 😉
Thanks and completely agree, we can finish it off in a day if we keep health aside 🙂
Looks delicious! I’ll have to try those sometime.
I hope you do! It’s one of my favourite dessert recipes.