Today I will be sharing with you my recipe for the ever so popular Turmeric Latte also known as Golden Milk. This deliciously nourishing beverage comes with a host of therapeutic benefits for both mental and physical health. The star ingredient in this recipe is Turmeric which produces a compound known as curcumin, this active ingredient contains strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. I have personally been drinking it to help boost my immune system during winter and traditionally it has been used for congestion, sore throats, digestion, liver health, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, depression, headaches, arthritis and many more ailments.
Here’s how to make it – Serves 1
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric (ground or root)
- ½ tablespoon of ginger (ground or root)
- ½ tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of peppercorns
Stove Top Method
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the sauce pan and heat for about 4 minutes stirring constantly until hot and frothy.
- Wipe up any mess immediately as it can stain.
Coffee machine method:
- Froth your milk with the coffee machine milk frother.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients (except cinnamon) in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Add both mixtures to a mug and stir.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Note: Consuming black pepper and Coconut oil with turmeric will greatly increase its health benefits and enhance curcumin’s bioavailability by up to 2000%.