Natural Exfoliating Homemade Foot Scrub
I miss doing these Beauty DIY’s, it’s been far too long. Today I had a hankering for a foot massage/scrub so I went to my kitchen and grabbed a few bits and pieces and came up with this simple skin care recipe.
Benefits of Pomegranate on the skin: When you grind the seeds it releases the nutrients onto your skin enriching it from the outside in. It helps to hydrate dry skin, protects against sun damage, combats inflammation from acne breakouts and stimulates collagen production.
Benefits of Salt on the skin: Sea salts helps to remove dead skin particles, it encourages peripheral blood circulation, and helps in skin renewal.
- 1 Pomegranate De-seeded
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- Score the Pomegranate in half horizontally. Take one of the halves and hold the cut side down in the palm of your hand over a medium size bowl. With a wooden spoon start tapping firmly on the top surface to release the seeds.
- Combine your pomegranate, coconut oil and lemon zest in a blender and blitz it for about 15 seconds.
- Add salt to the rest of the mixture and stir gently with a spoon.
- Gently rub your foot in circular motions with this scrub then wash off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
Note: I used white seeded pomegranate for this recipe. If you use red seeded pomegranate beware as it may stain your surroundings.
Do you have a favourite beauty DIY Recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
My feet need care aftet long day I think this recipe will help a lot ?
I hope you try it Fiona! It’s fantastic 🙂
wow! This is cool I love the taste of pomegranate it;s so refreshing never thought of it as a foot scrub until now!
It is such a luxurious fruit, I love this DIY. Let me know if you try it 🙂
I enjoyed this post. I nominated you for the beauty blogger tag.
Thank you so much Mallory! I’m so honored ☺
Omg I love all your posts xx I have just started out as a blogger and I wondered if u could post some positive feedback possibly on ur account about us ???
Love this! Can’t wait to try it!
And I love your blog!!
Thank you so much Jessica ☺
I’ll have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!
You’re most welcome 🙂 Hope you like it!