It’s DIY time! What better way to spend your day than with a fun skincare project using readily available ingredients from your kitchen. I have concocted a simple recipe that will remove blackheads, clean out pores and lend a softer and more youthful complexion. For those of you with severe acne, eczema or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this for you but for the rest of the stragglers, I really hope you enjoy this mask and always remember to do a patch test to check for allergies or irritation. Let’s make it!
- Turmeric – 1/8 Teaspoon (a pinch)
- Unflavoured Gelatine or Agar-Agar Powder (vegan) – 1 Tablespoon
- Hot Milk – 2 Tablespoons
- Mix all the ingredients until it forms a sticky tacky consistency.
- Apply to your clean face using a makeup brush (avoid your eyes, eyebrows, and mouth).
- Leave on for 20 minutes, peel off the mask then rinse away with warm water.
- If your face still has a light turmeric stain, don’t stress, just wash it again, it comes right off.
The use of turmeric in this at-home facial is great for treating blemishes and rejuvenating the skin as it contains anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can choose to replace the Turmeric in this recipe with Honey which is full of antioxidants and is great for it’s soothing and healing properties.
Do you have a favourite peel off face mask recipe?