I’m excited to share with you another easy beauty DIY project using one of my favorite fruits, the mighty Pomegranate. It is a key ingredient in many skin care products as the juice and seed are well known for their health benefits and abundant antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In various cultures throughout history, the fruit has been a symbol of hope, fertility, and prosperity.
Benefits of Pomegranate Juice and Seed for the Lips
- Softens and nourishes the lips
- Prevents premature aging and smooths away wrinkles
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Promotes cell renewal
- Intense moisturizer/exfoliant for the skin.
- And more!
This lip mask recipe is dedicated to one of the nicest bloggers on the planet, the lipstick queen herself, Cat from mylipaddiction.com. She writes about everything from Fragrance to Fashion – Skincare to Wellness and also hosts a beauty podcast alongside Stashy from Stashmatters who btw is another awesome blogger you should be following. So drop by and say Hi to these Canadian Beauties and tell them I sent you 🙂
Let’s get cracking! You will need:
- A Pomegranate
- Chopping board
- Food processor or Blender
- Plastic wrap
- Roll your pomegranate to loosen the seeds then cut the Pomegranate in half horizontally.
- Take one of the halves and hold the cut side down in the palm of your hand over a medium size bowl.
- With a spoon start tapping firmly on the top surface to release the seeds.
- Put the juice and seeds in a blender and blitz until well combined.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and place the juice and seeds in separate containers.
- The seeds will be used to help scrub and exfoliate the lips by gently rubbing in circular motions, then wash off with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Next cut a piece of plastic wrap into a rectangle shape that can cover your lips.
- Apply the pomegranate juice on your lips using a clean makeup brush.
- Place the plastic wrap on your lips to seal it all in for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel it away and rinse off with warm water then pat it dry.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this exotic treat! Please let me know what other beauty related DIY projects you’d like me to do next.