When my Zoella Reed diffuser ran out I couldn’t bear to throw out the bottle, I just knew I had to make my own refill. I jumped online searching for easy recipes and came across several ways of making homemade reed diffusers, I couldn’t wait to get creative with my favourite essential oils. Before I kick off this final DIY installment of 2016, I wanted to say a huge thank you for being such wonderful and supportive readers. I have loved sharing my thoughts with you all and can’t wait to see what 2017 brings. Merry Christmas xoxo
What you will need:
- The Vessel – You can reuse a diffuser bottle or use any small glass bottle with a narrow opening which will keep the mixture from evaporating too quickly.
- The Base – I filled up my bottle halfway with Sunflower oil, you can use any light vegetable-based oil such as Almond oil or Safflower oil.
- The Binder – 1 tsp of 99% Rubbing Alcohol or 1 tbsp of Vodka
- The Fragrance – About 30 drops of any essential oils of your choice
- The Sticks – Reeds. Bamboo skewers are not effective
How to do it:
Combine your base, binder and fragrance in a small bottle. Swirl the mixture until it is well combined. Pop your reeds in the bottle and leave it overnight. Flip your reeds over the next morning and you’re done!