I don’t understand why beauty companies charge unreasonably high prices for hand, foot and body scrubs. They are so easy and affordable to make in the comfort of your own home. I bet you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. This little beauty is perfect to pamper yourself with on a lazy Sunday.
- Sea salt softens the skin and is a natural antiseptic. It’s perfect for removing dead skin cells without stripping away too much natural oil.
- Coconut oil hydrates, cleanses and moisturises your skin. It can also reduce the symptoms associated with eczema and psoriasis.
- Lemon juice is a natural exfoliant, it may lighten the skin and is good for moisturising and toning oily skin.
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Salt (Fine Ground)
- 1 Tablespoon of Rock Salt (Optional)
- Mix coconut oil, lemon juice and salt together.
- Scoop mixture with your hands and massage in light circular motions.
- Wash in warm water and pat dry.
- Store in a clean air tight container.
Note: Be careful if you use this in the shower! The coconut oil may leave your tub a little slippery.
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Looks amazing! xx
Thanks Natasha 🙂
That is such a good one! Thank you! I will try it soon!
Great! Let me know how you go with it 🙂
I know salt scrub is having a great moment now and I absolutely love your DIY salt scrub. I love your blog and if you feel free, then check onto my blog https://lifestylebites3.wordpress.com
Hi Sangeetha, Thank you so much! Your blog is great too 🙂
This is one DIY hand scrub I’m going to try. Love it 🙂
Thanks Alli, let me know what you think when you try it ☺
I’m definitely going to have to try this one!!! ?
It’s a goodie 🙂
Another one I can try! I already have the ingredients at home. Love this!!
This one is a gem, let me know your thoughts when you try it 🙂
Love this! Will have to try it out 🙂
How long is the mixture good for?