I have always said that real beauty comes from within and being happy and healthy is not just an attitude but a lifestyle. Lately I have been trying to make the switch to green beauty products as they are gentle on my skin and make me feel better about the environment. It’s still important to enjoy the things you love in moderation (I like to at least try everything once) but it feels great to take this healthy safe beauty approach.
I came across Brauer when I was researching Natural Australian Skincare. They take the nasties out of making natural remedies, only using the finest ingredients. They specialise in homeopathic and herbal remedies as well as luxury personal care products for adults and children. Their packaging is sophisticated, the formulas are safe and their products are gentle and beneficial to your skin.
My kids have been loving the Brauer Baby Naturals (Eczema Friendly) range and it has become an essential part of their night time routine. The Sleepytime Bath has a calming and relaxing effect on my children (and me), it leaves their skin clean and smooth. I love the natural no-nasties formula which soothes and nourishes their skin.
Naturals Sleepytime Bath gently cleanses and calms before bedtime with soothing aromatherapy oils of Ylang Ylang, Chamomile and Lavender to leave your bub relaxed and ready for peaceful sleep. You can relax knowing that you’re protecting your bub from harsh chemicals while soothing any redness and dry, flaky skin.
How to use: Add a dollop of Brauer Naturals Sleepytime Bath to warm running water and swirl with your hand to mix.
This indulgent natural fruity bubble bath is not only fun but also safe. It smells absolutely divine and a small amount goes a long way. The bubbles are amazingly relaxing and when the kids step out, their skin is soft and hydrated.
Naturals Bubble Bath is rich in hydrating Honey, Paw Paw & Almond Extract to help soothe bub’s skin while bub enjoys a naturally fruity bubble bath. You can relax knowing that it won’t dry or irritate bub’s skin.
How to use: Add a small amount to warm running water to make bath time fun! For a naturally bubbly bubble bath, swirl with your hand vigorously under running water.
Baby and children’s skin are very delicate and their hair is too. This shampoo has a nice consistency and a wonderful scent. It leaves the hair feeling silky and healthy after each wash.
Naturals Shampoo is formulated without soap or sulphates so it won’t irritate your bub’s sensitive scalp or their eyes. This gentle shampoo keeps your bub’s precious wisps silky and tangle-free, while nourishing Paw Paw, Shea Butter and Honey leave hair smelling sweet.
How to use: Apply a small amount of shampoo to the palm of your hand, rub hands together and gently massage into bub’s wet hair. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Have you got writer’s block or need to improve your concentration and memory? This fatigue fighting spray will be your new bff.
Focus Oral Spray includes ingredients such as Korean Ginseng and Valerian which are traditionally used in homeopathic medicine to help relieve nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety. Focus may therefore be beneficial during times of stress such as exams, interviews and public speaking, helping you to remain focused and perform at your best.
- Focus on doing one thing at a time and try to keep distractions to a minimum.
- Aim for 8 hours a night of deep, relaxing sleep.
- Eat small meals up to six times a day. Make sure they contain low GI whole grains and veggies plus some lean protein to help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Cut down on stimulants like cola drinks, coffee, and alcohol which can leave you on edge and make it difficult to sleep.
- Find a relaxation method that you really enjoy and works for you — it may be yoga, meditation, walking or deep breathing.
Sleep deprivation can have a negative impact on your health, energy and safety. This spray helps me fall asleep faster for a longer period of time leaving me feeling refreshed in the morning.
Sleep Oral Spray includes Chamomile and Passionflower, which are traditionally used in homeopathic medicine for the relief of sleeplessness and insomnia, therefore helping you relax into sleep, particularly when your insomnia is associated with mental overactivity or anxiety. Brauer Sleep is easy to use, is not habit-forming, and won’t leave you feeling hungover the next morning.
- Try and work out why you aren’t sleeping. Tackling the underlying cause of your sleep problem is the best way to find a lasting solution. Common causes include high levels of stress or a painful health condition like arthritis.
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine, alcohol and nicotine for 4–6 hours before bedtime. Also avoid large, rich or salty meals late at night.
- A quiet, dark and cool bedroom help to encourage sound sleep. Try an eye mask and earplugs to help block out light and noise.
- Create a calming pre-sleep routine for 30–60 minutes before bed. It works for babies — and it can work for you too! Try a warm bath, relaxing music, light reading, and a cup of herbal tea. Why not try Brauer Sleepytime Bath?
- Go to bed and get up at the same time each day to help ‘set’ your internal body clock.
- Enjoy some regular physical activity mid-afternoon or early evening to help you cope better with stress and sleep more deeply.
*A note for pregnant and nursing mothers, please check with your healthcare professional before using any medicines.
Have you tried homeopathic medicine before? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below!