When I first laid my eyes on Les Merveilleuses Ladurée Face Color my heart began to race, it was special but I could not for the life of me justify the $170 price tag. I looked online at some copy cats and other inspiration then came up with this DIY. This project was very easy and lots of fun to do, it will look great on a makeup vanity or would make a wonderful gift.
What you will need:
- Fake Rose Petals
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Blush or Pink Eyeshadow
- Perfume or Essential Oil (Optional)
- Paper Towel
- Mixing bowl
- Glass Container
- Blush Brush
How to make it:
- If you have bought a full flower, cut and shape each petal and give them a thorough clean with soap and water then let them dry.
- Crack your blush in the pan and pour it into the mixing bowl, crush it to a powder form.
- Add 1 Tsp of rubbing alcohol and 1 drop of perfume or scented oil then mix well.
- Dip each petal into the mixture, ensuring both sides are covered.
- With your tweezers pick each petal and gently lay them on a small towel or paper towel to dry.
- (Optional step) After 5 minutes when the alcohol has evaporated, you can brush more powder or pigment onto each petal.
- After a few hours when the petals have completely dried you can move them to your jar.
- If you have a blush laying around that doesn’t get used anymore this is a great project to make use of it!
- Ensure the jar you have selected is wide enough for your blush brush to swirl around in.
Great tutorial! Love it!
this is so cool and so cute! Nice idea!
Thank you 🙂
Omgsh this is so awesome!!! I LOVE it girl!! I am totally doing this DIY! You’re amazing for this!
Thank you so much xoxo
Omg this looks so precious and unique! Love the idea! 🙂
Thank you very much 🙂
This is such a cute idea!!
Thanks hon 🙂
Adorable! I saw this on some youtuber’s awhile back! What a neat idea to decorate your vanity with 🙂 Aside note, I did nominated you for an one lovely blog award!
You are awesome! Thank you so much 🙂
Sucha great post, love it. Can’t wait to try out on my own. You are such an inspiration.
You are so kind! Thank you very much 🙂
Love the post so pretty, thanks for sharing ❤
You are most welcome 🙂
I will be trying this, great photos.
That’s great! Thank you very much 🙂
That’s such a clever idea!
Thanks a lot, it was fun to make 😊
Such an amazing and cute idea. I love it 🙂
Thank you very much 🙂
This is just what I need <3
Thanks for sharing!
You’re very welcome!
Looks gorgeous! Would make perfect gifts 😊
Absolutely! Thank you Priya 🙂
I love how simple and easy this is! It would make a lovely gift for someone too. Wonderful idea, and I cannot wait to do this!
Thank you very much Amber 🙂
This is amazing!! I will let you know if I try it!
Please do 🙂 Thank you!
[…] DIY Rose Petal Blush – Les Merveilleuses Ladurée Inspired by Her Quarters | Just because I thought it looked so beautiful!! […]
Wow, that is so beautiful! I couldn’t have realized you can DIY this thing. I watched Tati’s video about an expensive option about it. Nice, thanks 🙂
I loved watching Tati’s Video 🙂