How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes
For your DIY brush cleaner you will need:
- A shallow bowl
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp baby shampoo
- Paper towel or Lint free cloth
- Pour the olive oil and baby shampoo (regular shampoo is ok too) in the bowl or ramekin as I have used.
- Dip your brush and gently stir it in the mixture in a circular motion. Leave your powder and kabuki brush till last as they will soak up most of the mixture.
- Take it out and wipe the brush back and forth on your hand to remove the makeup from it.
- Run the tip of the brush under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup. Only wet the bristles and avoid the part of the brush where handle meets the head, as this can loosen the glue.
- When the water runs clear from the brush, use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go.
- Lay your brushes flat on a cloth (or your husbands Star Wars hand towel) to dry. Don’t let your brushes dry standing up with the bristles facing upwards.
And there you go! They’re as good as new.
Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Hi there! I was just checking out your blog. You are just a wealth of information. I love all these tips and tricks. Keep ’em coming! Feel free to check out my blog when you get a chance. ?
Thank you Gail ☺
Thank you money saver – I have all these ingredients in the house. I’m going to share this with friends.
You are awesome! Thank you 🙂