Drawing a bath and detoxifying has become my latest indulgence. This easy recipe makes enough for 6 bath bombs.
You will need:
- Mint leaves or 4 drops of any Essential Oils
- 1/2 teaspoon of Green Food Coloring
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Cream of Tartar
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 3 teaspoons Water
Mint – Adding the leaves to your bath refreshes and wakes up your skin. Its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help relieve inflammation along the respiratory tract. Breathing in the fumes of mint also helps relax the body and calm the mind. It releases a small amount of serotonin in the brain that also helps beat depression.
Baking Soda – works to neutralize acid and alkalines. Adding baking soda to your bath, aids in drawing out toxins from the body and treats common skin problems and yeast infections.
Cream of Tartar – is a byproduct of wine fermentation, it is mainly used in baking. It can also help change the pH level and inhibit the growth of bacteria.
Epsom Salts – are a great way to increase magnesium levels. Relaxes the body and relieves pain and muscle cramps.
Coconut Oil – is known to help reduce scaring, stretch marks, eczema and acne. It helps moisturize and smooth your skin.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet on to the dry ingredients while stirring.
- Once combined, the mixture should feel like damp sand.
- Add half the mixture to the muffin pan, put a few mint leaves in each mold before packing in the rest of the mixture and firmly press down.
- Leave out at room temperature for at least 4-6 hours.
- Once dry, tip your muffin pan over your counter and tap the pan with a spoon. They should pop right out.