With the weather getting slightly warmer these days, I’ve been prepping my skin for summer. I have made a few tweaks here and there in my skincare routine and added some beauty oils to the mix. If you know me well, you will know that I have a slight addiction for serums. Thursday Plantation has an amazing range of face and body oils which are formulated with highly nutritious plant, flower and nut oils. I have been using two types of serums mainly to combat acne, reduce the appearance of small wrinkles and restore my skin to its healthiest.
Every night after removing my makeup I apply a small amount of the Clarifying Oil all over my damp face, then press it in with the palm of my hands rather than my fingertips. This method releases the active ingredients and helps me get the most out of the serum. It’s fast absorbing and feels very hydrating and calming on my skin. It helps to tighten enlarged pores and relieves visible redness. With everyday use, it clears blemishes, prevents them from recurring and reduces the scars that are caused by acne.
What’s in it?
- Copaiba Oil: Has unique antibacterial and calming properties to help soothe acne prone skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Possesses powerful antibacterial properties. Keeps the skin clear by removing bacteria and build up of oils from the skin.
- Camellia Oil: Protects the skin from the signs of premature aging.
- Macadamia Oil: Leaves the skin looking plumped and rejuvenated thanks to its high content in palmitoleic acid (Omega 7).
- Grapeseed Oil: Rich in linoleic acid. Helps to restore the essential fatty acids balance on the skin.
Next, I layer this antioxidant-rich serum which is powered by natural Vitamins C and E. It brightens and tones the skin, targets the early signs of aging whilst improving the appearance of pigmentation and sun spots. I have noticed my complexion feels smoother and appears more radiant. I like to wait about 5 minutes before sealing the serum, by locking it using a moisturiser.
What’s in it?
- Rosehip Oil: Packed with essential fatty acids, vitamin a, polyphenols and carotenoids, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C: Reduces the appearance of age spots and pigmentation.
- Vitamin E: Helps reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avocado Oil: Contains phytosterols to rejuvenate stressed skin and reduces the appearance of age spots caused by UV exposure.
- Macadamia Oil: Restores the skin’s youthful glow thanks to its high content in palmitoleic acid (Omega 7).
- Lemon Oil: Helps brighten the skin and reduce the signs of fatigue.
- Mandarin Oil: Revives dull skin for a luminous appearance.
*Disclosure: I received these products in exchange for an honest unbiased review. All opinions expressed and the choice to review is 100% my own!