Spring is one of my favourite times of the year, the temperature is warmer and the sun shines brighter with flowers in bloom, however pollen fills the air and my allergies begin to act up. The first thing I do is grab my oil burner and pure essential oils for guaranteed quick natural relief.
Thursday Plantation is my go-to brand, it’s an Australian made and owned company, offering a range of health and beauty products all derived from nature’s oils. Their high quality range of 100% pure essential oils work in harmony with our body at a cellular level to promote natural health and wellbeing. They are packaged in amber bottles with orifice reducers to preserve the antibacterial effect from damaging light and dispenses the oil drop by drop.
Aromatherapy not only heals my body and immune system but it also helps me find my balance and revives my senses. There are numerous medicinal properties in the form of these pure essential oils and today I will be featuring my top two must-haves for both topical and aromatic uses.
- Peppermint Oil – Mixed with a carrier oil and rubbed into the forehead and temples helps relieve headaches and stress or you can add a few drops to your bath for immediate relaxation. It has a variety of uses that include opening blocked sinuses, relieving nausea, easing digestion and more. Cosmetic Uses: Promotes hair growth, controls acne, soothes and softens skin.
- Rosemary Oil – Improves mental alertness, brain function, memory and even creativity. Relieves headaches, stress, respiratory problems, muscle pain, bug bites, boosts energy and more. Cosmetic Uses: Fades stretch marks, thickens hair and rids hair of dandruff.
This cooling and refreshing essential oil has a fresh, sharp and powerfully penetrating menthol and herbaceous scent. It is used:
- For the temporary relief of headaches
- In herbal medicine, to help relieve digestive disturbances including nausea, digestive spasms, indigestion, and flatulence
- In herbal medicine to help relieve cough and cold symptoms
- In herbal medicine as a supportive therapy to help relieve mild rheumatic complaints, muscle and joint pain
- For the temporary relief of headaches – Add 20 drops (1mL) to 10mL carrier oil and massage forehead, temples.
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve digestive disturbances including nausea, digestive spasms, indigestion, and flatulence. Internal dose – Add 1 – 4 drops in 50mL of water or on cube of sugar and ingest three times daily
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve cough and cold symptoms – Add 5 drops (1/4mL) to hot water and inhale.
- Used in Herbal Medicine as supportive therapy to help relieve muscle pain, joint pain & mild rheumatic complaints – Add 10 drops to 10 mL carrier oil and massage affected area
Price: RRP $16.95 AUD
This sharp and herbaceous smelling essential oil is great to stimulate memory, support mental clarity and relieve general fatigue. It can also be used to relieve headaches and rheumatic complaints, as well as improving scalp health.
- To support mood, memory, concentration and mental alertness.
- To relieve stress and improve relaxation and contentment
- In traditional aromatherapy to help relieve headaches
- In traditional aromatherapy to help control dandruff and support healthy hair growth
- In traditional aromatherapy as a tonic to help relieve fatigue
- As an adjuvant for the relief of mild rheumatic complaints and to support healthy circulation
- To support mood, memory, concentration, mental alertness, general debility and fatigue – Add 6 drops to water in an oil burner.
- For rheumatic conditions and to support circulation: Add 6-10% essential oil to vegetable or carrier oil and massage affected area.
- For use in shampoos to help control dandruff and support healthy hair growth – Add 6-18 drops to 100ml of shampoo.
Price: RRP $16.95 AUD
Do you use essential oils? What is your favorite and how do you use it?
Click here to find out more about Thursday Plantation’s extensive range of products and to find your nearest stockist.
*Disclosure: I received these products in exchange for an honest unbiased review. All opinions expressed and the choice to review is 100% my own! Let’s get social | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
I didn’t know about the benefits of rosemary oil. Very interesting. I think I need to have a shower with that product! If it helps with memory, it will be worth a buy for sure. 👍
Haha absolutely worth every cent 😊
Hey thanks for sharing this lovely post. I am not into essential oils as I am allergic to strong scents but I am now tempted to try rosemary oil given all the amazing benefits 🙂
Rosemary is generally a strong scent however if you mix it with water or a carrier oil, it becomes less potent in its smell without losing it’s therapeutic benefits 😊
great , I should try it then. Thanks for your reply 🙂
Thank you for sharing! You have such a lovely pictures on your blog 🙂
You are too kind! Thank you very much 🙂