A few weeks back I was having lunch with a friend of mine at a quaint restaurant in Fremantle. Bread in Common is one of my favourite places to eat. It has high ceilings, a cozy atmosphere, and vintage vibes as it is situated in an old revamped warehouse. The food is delicious, the menu is perfect for sharing and they have big communal tables which are great for big groups or social occasions. I ordered my first glass of lavender lemonade and it knocked my socks off! Yes, it rocked my world so I have attempted to recreate it with great success. Not only does it taste light and refreshing, but it is also known to alleviate headaches and anxiety. Let’s begin!
Things you need:
- ½ cup honey or substitute with 1 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lavender flower buds
- 1 cup of lemon juice (4-5 big lemons)
- 2 cups of water to melt honey
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Lavender flowers with stems for garnish
- Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Add ½ a cup of honey and stir until it completely dissolves.
- Now add in your 4 tablespoons of dried lavender flower buds and stir until it is well combined.
- Remove pan from heat, cover the solution and let the mixture steep for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a glass pitcher, discard the lavender then let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of cold water, 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup of ice to the pitcher and stir it well.
- Garnish your drink with a few Lavender sprigs and you’re done!
Also great with a splash of gin 😉
Bread in Common – 43 Pakenham St, Fremantle WA 6160 | Lavender & Lemons – My garden